Japanese restaurant located in Jackson, Wyoming is seeking a Sushi Chef Manager.
This is a highly rewarding opportunity!
The Sushi Chef Manager is responsible for assisting the Executive Chef in the overall kitchen operations. Through planning, organization, direction, and kitchen management, you will ensure customer satisfaction. You will demonstrate your culinary talents and assist in leading the staff, managing all food-related tasks. Additionally, you will support the supervision of all kitchen areas to deliver consistently high-quality dishes.
- Preparation of various types of sushi, including maki, nigiri, and sashimi.
- Adherence to rules specified in the employee handbook.
- Inventory management (storage area, freezer, refrigerator, spice rack, bag-in-box area, expo area, line, and service station).
- Data input for inventory, purchasing/invoices, sales, and end-of-period inventory (for COGS sheets).
- Food Cost of Goods Sold (COGS) calculation.
- Following ordering guides and understanding ingredient and procurement quality and pricing standards.
- Reviewing previous week’s labor hours and identifying areas for improvement.
- Daily and weekly food purchases.
- Daily and weekly labor (amounts and percentages).
- Procedures for hiring and terminating employees.
- Minimum food inventory levels.
- Communication with front of house regarding minimum dish inventory levels.
- Employee injury reporting.
- Weekly management meetings.
- Pre-shift meetings with staff.
- Daily food inventory and ordering.
- Labor management.
- Overtime monitoring.
- Product rotation (following the FIFO method).
- Food quality and specifications.
- Compliance with recipes.
- Line checks.
- Back-of-house organization (storage, prep, line, dish area).
- Sanitary standards (temperature records, HACCP review, sanitation checks).
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Sushi Chef.
- Proficiency in various sushi types and sushi rolling techniques.
- Minimum 2 years of experience as a Kitchen Manager.
- Computer knowledge (Excel, Windows, POS, etc.).
- Bachelor’s degree or a degree from a culinary school is desirable but not mandatory.
|雇用形態Employment Status||Full Time|
|勤務時間Working Hours||5 days a week, Tuesday to Saturday (Sundays and Mondays off)|
|給与Salary||$82,000 + Bonus (to be determined after the interview, based on experience) Benefits:|